Help with a Federal Agency
Susan’s caring caseworkers have helped over 13,000 constituents navigate federal agencies and cut through red tape.
While we can’t direct a federal agency how to decide an issue, we can usually help fix administrative problems, get a prompt response, and answer any question you might have.
So find out how we can help you! Please be sure to include the following critical information when submitting your request:
- Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
- VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
- Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
- Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;
The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case. We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.
Regrettably, Susan is only able to provide assistance to constituents from California's 53rd Congressional District. If you live outside the 53rd, she encourages you to contact your U.S. Representative. Click here to find out who that is.
*indicates information that you need to provide.